How to hide your online status on WhatsApp Facebook’s WhatsApp is the most widely used instant messaging service, with more than two billion monthly active users. As a result, the app is used by everyone and everyone’s social circle.
WhatsApp users may check when their contacts were last online by hovering their cursor over their names in the app. While this function is designed to make communication more open, it may feel like a privacy invasion to certain users, who may have asked how to hide one’s online status on WhatsApp because of the way it is implemented.
There could be a variety of reasons for this, such as someone who is on vacation and does not want their colleagues to know when they are online so that they do not get inundated with work-related communications.
WhatsApp users might choose to hide their online status from their contacts in order to avoid such a situation from occurring. If you’d like to conceal your internet presence as well, here’s a step-by-step instruction to get you started.
A step-by-step guide on how to conceal your online status on WhatsApp.
In WhatsApp, as previously noted, there is a means to keep your online status hidden from your contact list. Keep in mind, however, that if you choose to hide your online status from others, you will not be able to see the online status of your contacts as well. Here are the procedures to take to conceal your online presence on WhatsApp, bearing this in mind:
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android or iPhone smartphone and send a message.
2. On an iPhone, click on the ‘Settings’ button at the bottom of the screen; on an Android device, click on the three dots at the top of the screen and then tap on ‘Settings.’
3. On the following page, select ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu.
4. On the Account page, go to the ‘Privacy’ section.
5. Select ‘Last Seen’ from the drop-down menu.
6. Select between the options ‘Everyone,’ ‘My Contacts,’ and ‘Nobody.’
Select everyone if you want everyone to be able to see when you are online and when they are online at the same time. By selecting “My Contacts,” only individuals who are included in your contact list will have access to your online status, and vice versa, unless otherwise specified. Choosing ‘Nobody’ will prevent anyone, including your contacts, from being able to see your online status and vice versa.
As an additional precaution, you can turn off the Read Receipts option in the Privacy area, which will prevent blue ticks from appearing for you.
This means that even if you read the sender’s communications, they will not see a blue tick appear next to their name. Blue ticks, on the other hand, will not be visible to you, just as they were previously when you were unable to observe online status.
What is the best way to appear offline on WhatsApp?
When you want to appear offline on WhatsApp while still responding to contacts you want to speak with, there are two options. One approach is to reply immediately from the notification panel using WhatsApp Quick Reply, and the other is to use the Airplane mode on your phone. Neither method is recommended. Let’s have a look at both strategies in the following section.
WhatsApp Instant Message
1. When you receive a new WhatsApp notification, it will appear in the notification panel of your smartphone.
2. On the iOS platform, Slide the new message to the left, select View from the drop-down menu, then respond.
3. On an Android device, touch on the message and select Reply.
The plane approach is a good example of this.
1. Make sure your smartphone is on Airplane mode. 2.
2. Open WhatsApp and navigate to the conversation in which you wish to respond.
3. Type your response and press the “send” button.
4. Close the WhatsApp application.
5. Turn off Airplane mode, and your response will be delivered to the address you provided.